This character was inspired by the new Thor movie. The name of Thor's hammer is Mjolnir (Jol-nir). He throws his hammer, thus the BloodStorm Blade PrC and the focus on thrown weapons. Hammer does lightning damage, thus the weapon is shocking.
A belt, Megingjörð, and iron gloves, Járngreipr, were used to lift Mjölnir. Gloves are strongarm bracers. Belt is +STR.
The movie premis seems to be around a brash young Thor, who ends up saving his kingdom. This would suggest a chaotic good alignment.
- Bull Rush for some battlefield control
Notable Class Abilities & Build Features
- Thunderous Throw makes your thrown weapons count as melee attacks.
- Lightning Ricochet allows you to make a full attack with thrown weapons.
- Power Attack + Shock Trooper + Pounce requires a charge (10 ft) then throw the hammer for -14 AC and +28 damage. Odd you can charge without ending up standing next to foe. Spike chain guys do this all the time. Rules seem to even allow an archer to charge 10ft to get the +2 to hit with a ranged attack.
- Add in Leading the Charge for a damage equal to IL (+10).
- Trip Shot allows a free trip attempt for each thrown attack, no downside.
- Palm Throw allows you to throw two light weapons for each attack.
- Weak Spot makes your thrown weapons touch attacks.
- The Martial Spirit stance heals 2 points of damage each time you make a successful melee attack. Combined with Palm Throw, Weak Spot, and Rapid Shot this character can have 8+ touch attacks, with an expection of 16 points of healing each round. This healing can be granted to an ally within 30 ft.
- Between battles use non-lethal wooden training weapons. Martial Spirit will heal the entire party, 2 HP at a time.
- Dragonborn Water Orc: +6 STR, Wings
Titan Bloodline: Essentially ECL+3, ouch
- Power Attack, Use oversized weapon, STR+1, CON+1, AC+1
- No BAB or Skills, makes it rough to qualify for prestiege classes
General Build Ideas
Dipping Dungeon Crasher & Masster Trower
- Warblade1 // Fighter 2 // Crusader 1 // Barbarian 1 / Bloodstorm Blade4 / Master Thrower5
- Healing stance, pounce + bullrush + dungeon crasher can push back or do extra damage on each ranged attack
- Warblade: IL = 1
- Crusader: IL = 1 + (3/2) = 2
Dipping Dungeon Crasher
- Warblade2 / Fighter 2 / Barbarian 1 / Bloodstorm Blade4 / Warblade3 / Crusader1 / Warblade1
- Warblade: IL = 6 + (8/2) = 10.
- Crusader: IL = 1 + (13/2) = 7.
- Warblade3 / Barbarian 1 / Crusader 1 / Bloodstorm Blade4 / Warblade5
- Warblade8, Bloodstorm4, Barbarian1, Crusader1. IL = 8 + (6/2) = 11.
Level Progression (Bloodlines)
- Alternate class feature: Spirit Lion Totem grants Pounce ability instead of Fast Movement.
- Alternate class feature: Dungeon Crasher.
|ECL||Class/HD/LA||BAB||Saving Throws||Feats|| Class
|1||Warblade 1||+1||+2||+0||+0||-||Battle Clarity||-||3||1|
|2||Barbarian 1||+2||+4||+0||+0||-||Power Attack, Pounce, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day||-||3||1|
|3||Crusader 1||+3||+6||+0||+0||-||Strength +1||5||3||2|
|4||Fighter 1||+4||+8||+0||+0||Bonus Feat||-||5||3||2|
|5||Fighter 2||+5||+9||+0||+0||Dungeon Crusher||5||3||2|
|6||Bloodstorm Blade 1||+6/1||+11||+0||+0||-||Natural AC +1, Returning attacks, Throw Anyhthing, Weapon Aptitude||5||3||2|
|7||Bloodstorm Blade 2||+7||+12||+0||+0||Martial throw, Thunderous Throw||5||3||2|
|8||Bloodstorm Blade 3||+8||+12||+1||+1||Bonus Feat||Improved Sunder||5||3||2|
|9||Bloodstorm Blade 4||+9||+13||+1||+1||-||Lightning Ricochet||5||3||2|
|10||Titan Bloodline 1||+9||+13||+1||+1||Spell resistance 2 + HD||5||3||2|
|11||Titan Bloodline 2||+9||+13||+1||+1||-||5||3||2|
|12||Titan Bloodline 3||+9||+13||+1||+1||Use oversized weapon||5||3||2|
|13||Master Thrower 1||+10||+13||+3||+1||Quick Draw, Trip Shot||5||3||2|
|14||Master Thrower 2||+11/6/1||+13||+4||+1||Evasion||5||3||2|
|15||Master Thrower 3||+12||+14||+4||+2||Intelligence +1, trick||5||3||2|
|16||Master Thrower 4||+13||+14||+5||+2||Snatch Arrows||5||3||2|
|17||Master Thrower 5||+14||+14||+5||+2||Critical throw, Weak Spot||5||3||2|
|18||X||+15||+13||+5||+5||+1 to natural armor||5||3||2|
|20||X||+17||+14||+6||+6||Damage reduction 5/lawful||5||3||2|
Maneuvers & Stances
- Moment of Perfect Mind: Counter, Use Concentration check in place of Will save.
- Leading the Charge: Stance, Allies deal +1 damage/initiator level on charge attacks.
- Action Before Thought: Counter, Use Concentration check in place of Reflex save.
- Emerald Razor: Strike, Turn melee strike into touch attack
- Wall of Blades: Counter, Replace AC with attack roll result.
- Rabid Wolf Strike: Strike, +4 bonus on attack, deal +2d6 damage, –4 AC for 1 round.
Level 3 Warblade 5-6)
- Iron Heart Surge: Remove effect, gain +2 morale bonus on attacks.
- White Raven Tactics: Boost—Ally’s initiative changes, he can act again.
Level 4 (Warblade 7-8)
- Bonesplitting Strike
- Bounding Assault: Strike, Double move and attack.
- Covering Strike
- Death From Above
- Lightning Recovery: Counter—Reroll an attack that misses with +2 bonus.
- Mithral Tornado
- Ruby Nightmare Blade: Strike, Attack deals double damage with successful Concentration check.
Level 5 (Warblade 9-10)
- Dancing Mongoose: Boost, Make one extra attack with each weapon (max of two extra attacks).
- Disrupting Blow: Strike, Successful attack causes foe to be unable to act for 1 round (Will Save).
- Elder Mountain Hammer: Strike, Deal +6d6 damage, overcome DR and hardness.
- Flanking Maneuver: Strike, Hit flanked target, allies gain free attack.
- Iron Heart Focus: Counter, Reroll save.
- Pouncing Charge: Strike, When you charge, make multiple attacks.
- Rapid Counter: Counter, Strike opponent who provokes attack from you.
- Martial Spirit: Stance, Heal 2 hit points with each successful attack.
Equipment Selection by Level
- Improved Bull Rush
- Ranged Weapon Mastery
- Combat Brute
- Extended Rage
- Combat Rhythm
- Powerful Build
- Improved Trip: May not work with Master Thrower trip.
- Rapid Shot
- Two Weapon Focus
- Master Two Weapon Focus
- Shock Trooper
- Brutal Throw: Complete Adventurer
- Weapon Specialzation
- Ranged Weapon Mastery: +2 atk/dam
- Shadow Blade + Weapon Finesse: Dex instead of Str for damage bonus.
- Jotunbrud: Qualifies as large
- Extra Rage: Extra attack?
- Two-Weapon Fighting: Extra attack
- Improved Two-Weapon Fighting: another extra attack
- Greater Two-Weapon Fighting: a 3rd extra attack
- Words of Creation: Doubles bard bonus, 3d4 nonlethal damage.
- Brital Strike: Foe is sickened.
- Robilar's Gambit: -4 AC, provokes AAO per foe attack.
- Weapon Supremacy: Take at level 20
- Leap Attack: Jump x3 power attack damage.
- Karmic Strike: -4 AC, provokes AAO per foe attack.
- Combat Brute
- hurling charge extra attack
- Barbarian: Spirit Lion Totem grants Pounce ability instead of speed, use with Knockback
- Warblade: ToB
- Bloodstorm Blade: ToB 100
- Master Thrower: CW 58
- Berzerker (Deities and Demigods)
- Frenzied Berzerker (Complete Warrior)
- Master of Masks
- Disciple of Dispater: Book of vile darkness
- Titan Bloodline: Power Attack, STR+1, CON+1, NatAC+1, SR=HD+2, Use oversized weapon, increases IL for maneuvers by 3 (consider taking Crusader1/Swordsage1/Warblade1)
- Halfling paragon
- Pious Templar: Complete Divine, Mettle
- Monk: 1 level gives Flurry of Blows for an extra attack, also a bonus feat.
- Exotic Weapon Master
Alternate Class Features
- Dungeon Crasher
- Skilled City Dweller: Gain Tumble at the expense of Ride
- Whirling Frenzy extra attack
- Harpoon: 2d10 (18-20/×3) 40ft range, Exotic, Frostburn
- Ritiik: Frostburn
- Glot: Frostburn
- Annulat: Planar Handbook pg 68, +2 to hit
- Greathammer: Monster Manual 4 or Races of Stone: 1d12, 19-20/x4
- Jovar: Planar Handbook: 2d6, (18-20x2)
- Desert Throwing Knife: Sandstorm
- Dragonsplit: MM4
- Crescent knife: Dr275
- Halfling Skiprocks
- Many-Fang Daggers: Serpent Kingdoms
Enhancements and Materials
- Heavy Weapon: Magic of Faerun, pg. 179, 7000gp
- Kaorti weapons: Fiend Folio web enhancement
- Razor Net: Dragon Compendium, p. 115
- Orc Shotput: Sword & Fist, p. 71, 2d6 (19-20x3)
- Vampiric Weapon Quality, +2 bonus
- Sai: Tiny (one lb or less) weapon for palm tossing.
- Dagger: Tiny weapon for palm tossing
Item Wish List
- Some ability to fly when outdoors such as boots of flying.
- Brutal Surge (MIC): Free bull rush attempt after successful attack. +1 bonus.
- Dispelling, Greater (MIC): Three times per day greater dispel magic at a caster level of 15. Activated as a free action when you hit.
- Badge of Valor Item: (1400G, Magic Item Compendium 208): +1 on current Inspire Courage. Activate immediately after the round you use Inspire Courage.
- Vest of Legends: Item (16,000G, Dungeon Master's Guide II 272): Your Bardic Music is treated as being 5 levels higher. (There are some other, less important effects.)
- Masterwork Horn, Natural (Wind Instruments): (100G/3 lb, (Song and Silence 46): +1 on accuracy/damage, -2 on fear saves. Put a thin cord through this horn and hang it from your neck.
- Incarnate or Totemist and take the feat Shape Soulmeld: Mauling Gauntlets
- Ring of the Diamond Mind: One Diamond Mind maneuver, 22,500 gp