This will be a Low-Powered Superheroic campaign. Expect attacks to be a maximum of 12d6 normal damage.
Once you reach 350 total points you can increase your abilities to the "Standard" Superheroic chart (pg 28).
- Base Points = 150
- Max Disadvantages = 100
- Max single disadvantage = 50
- Total Points = 250
|Base Points||Max Disad||Total Points||Char||SPD||CV||DC||Active Pts||Skill Roll||rDef||Max Active|
- Base Points: You start with 150 points and gain additional points with experience. The table above is keyed off of base points, not total points, thus you need 5 experience points to qualify for 62 active points.
- Max Disad: You start with up to 100 points in player selected disadvantages. You may gain additional disadvantages as a special reward. You may also buy off your disadvantages with experience. Don't expect the GM to award disadvantages for every mission.
- Total Points: Total of Base Points + Disadvantages.
- Char: Score range for characteristics.
- SPD: Speed. You can forgo the 2x character exception for a SPD exception (no attributes above 30 for up to a 12 SPD).
- CV: Offensive Combat Value and Defensive combat value ranges.
- DC: Damage Class range. This roughly equates to active points, use active points if there is a discrepency.
- Active Pts: Maximum active Points for a single power .
- Skill Roll: Maximum skill roll.
- rDef : Maximum resistant defenses. Typically this comes from armor or a force field. Normal defense can be up to twice the rDef (starting at 24 PD/ED).
- Max Active: Maximum active points for the entire character. You might be able to squeeze all your powers into a single OIF (-1/2) like Iron Man. Keep in mind you have to be a viable character without your power suit (skills perhaps).
- You can double a single Char, SPD, CV, Skill Roll for a single item. You may lower this by half for a single item. This allows for a speedster (12 SPD), or a brute (60 STR), or a marksman (16 CV).
- Powers with an STOP mark are not allowed.
- Powers with an EXCLAMATION mark are unlikely to be allowed.
- Notice that all power frameworks have STOP or EXCLAMATION marks, thus are not likely to be available during character creation.
- After 350 points the DM may offer players with similar powers the opportunity to aquire a power framework.